Yet another small list of noticeable facts:
- videos of the talks given at the main wokshop of the MSRI program Geometric and Arithmetic Aspects of Homogeneous Dynamics are now online ; and don’t miss the nice spring issue of the emissary for related content
- lots of interesting books are due to appear this year, including The Princeton Companion to Applied Mathematics (in september), and the english translation of an opus of Choimet & Queffelec (in july)
- Anton Geraschenko, of MO fame, has a paper in Algebraic Geometry with David-Zureick-Brown, possibly making it a contender for first pure math paper with a Google-affiliated co-author
- Cédric Villani has recently visited Iran for a week, great to see he’s really putting lots of efforts to reach out to people not just in the Western countries.
- A question: Does anybody know what happened to FEATURED REVIEWS in Mathscinet ? Last time I checked they pretty much discontinued them around 2005, yet these were truly useful…